There are hundreds of ways to react to criticism…among them:
- Yell and get nasty with the person who criticized you
- Criticize the criticizer back
- Whine, mope, cry or act like a baby
- Point out that the person who is criticizing you is wrong
- Point out that the person who is criticizing you don’t understand you
There is another option
Thank them for the criticism.
That’s right…you read that right: thank them.
Sound insane? Of course it does. That’s because it’s the last thing that they would expect.
But maybe….just maybe…oh I don’t know - their criticism is correct? Could that possibly be?
Could YOU be wrong? Oh the horrors. Think about it. What if their criticism is spot on? And instead of getting all upset, you thank them, think about what they said and made the correction?
What if their criticism made you a better person?
What if the criticism was the last barrier to you being successful?
Well, if you don’t try this…I guess you will never know, will you?